So I’m now able to spot type B personalities.
Typically they have this ability to pull on my heart so that I feel something’s wrong within my body.
It’s like a force that compels me to get involved in their drama, to try to fix their shit, for lack of a better word. Simply put, it can’t be fixed by me.
I’m grateful for the self awareness that I’ve gained, although I need so much more, and self control, to be able to guard my mind and heart from jumping into rescue these people.
So far I recognise them by the following characteristics:
- Everything’s about them
- If no, the conversation becomes about them or their problems
- Everyone seems to make them into a bad person or doesn’t understand them
- They are high on emotion (unstable and negative emotion)
- They manipulate, or try to, my emotions into feeling sorry for them
Being able to recognise this now is a major change from two years ago, when I would get trapped and jump in to my own detriment of thinking:
- I am somehow fixing and helping
- Losing sleep
- Being preoccupied with their problems